Monday, December 6, 2010

Feed back.

2). What was your favorite thing about this class?  What was your least favorite thing about this class?  How can this class be improved?

My favorite thing about this class was that it is online. This class saved a lot of my time. I have work and I am traveling from and to school so it gives me the opportunity to do something else. If this class were on campus, I would not be able to have a break in between my classes. I am taking all my classes in one day and I have a 2-hour gap for lunch. If I did not have that gap, I would be miserable and cranky in class. Nevertheless, thank goodness this is an online course. My least favorite thing about this class is that we have to meet up with our groups. I do not have problems with that, but we all have our own busy life to live. Not everyone would be able to meet at the same day and same time. It took my group forever to pick a day so we can work on assignment 3. In my opinion, I think that there should not be any group work; just make it individual work. Group work is too hard because not everyone can get together. If there will be group work, it should be mandatory that everyone in the class show up on campus plus the professor. That way everyone can get into their groups without a problem.

4 comments:

  1. I could definitely agree with you on your opinion about this class. The pro of this class was that it is an online class that we can do our course work whenever we have the time, as long as it's before the end of the week. With the class being held online, we are more lively and somewhat active than we would have been in class physically. I'd probably be cranky and sleepy in class as well too. It's nice how we communicate and comment on blogs so comfortably because I doubt the environment would be same if it was physical. I also agree with you that the last project was horrible because the facilitating was as hard as it was to gather at least seven people. I like your suggestion on how the professor should set a time for everyone to show up as mandatory so it would make our lives so much easier to work on our group projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we think alike about the same things. I also liked that this class was online and how it would've been hard to fit in our schedules. The only thing is I think your situation is harder since you commute a long way from home to school. If this class were one we had to attend on campus, who knows if you would've been able to add it. I also agree with your idea of how there shouldn't be any group projects because everyone has busy schedules; there's a reason why people would choose an online class to take, possibly because they don't have to go through the hassle of meeting classmates in person. if there are group projects, i feel they should be limited to only online interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the fact that our class was online too. The work was pretty simple; it was just remembering to post on our blog that was the hardest for me. I would tend to forget about the twelve hour limit and not remember until it was too late. The group work was kind of difficult, because we all had to figure out when it was good time to meet up and also trying to get a hold of everyone and making sure they did their parts. Since I commute too school it was kind of a hassle to meet up with everyone, because I had to come during a day off and make that horrible drive from Manteca to San Jose, but overall it was a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with most of the things you mentioned. Having an online class was pretty convenient. Meeting in person for the last group assignment was nice because I got to meet my group after working on two projects together but figuring out a time was horrible. Coordinating five peoples schedule is hard! Meeting online for the first projects was not that bad because we could still meet but not have to set a lot of time aside for it. I prefer working in groups though than writing a 1500+ word paper by myself. The whole class meeting on campus would probably take more time then I would like it to and setting a time for that would suck for Carol. Perhaps a solution could be making the groups smaller, so if we do have to meet in person, there aren’t so many schedules to deal with. Or we could choose between working in groups or by ourselves.

    ReplyDelete