Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Assignment 2

I think that assignment 2 is more useful than assignment 1. I felt that my group got more things accomplished. We all cooperated and things went really well. We met up and met up online. We actually used communication skills this time around. Everyone has been emailing back and forth to get the paper done. I feel proud of my group. We are doing the paper on PETA, which is an organization to help and save animals. No one or thing should hurt any type of animal; they have feelings too. I think this assignment is more useful than the first one because we have to find fallacies, concealed claims, and reasoning. This makes me understand the concepts a little better. Since we need it in the paper, we obviously have to know what it means, and now I know what it means. I felt that this paper is a bit easier because we do not really have to do much research. My group used one website to analyze the organization. I enjoyed writing assignment number 2 with my group.

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone's doing PETA! Maybe because the PETA website contains the most useful information to find out besides the other suggested organizations. I think assignment 2 works out so much better than assignment 1 because we learn from it. We learned how assignment 1, we thought we could pull it off easy through a chat room, but it was more complicated than we thought. So, assignment 2, we actually met in person. I'm not sure if we're in the same group because our Blogger aliases keep us as a mystery. I'm glad that you and your team worked out really well for this project rather than feeling stressed over it. This assignment has given us a chance to look into more about PETA and how it supports the wildlife. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. For assignment one my group picked some random article just to get to project started and done with. I do not think any of us read it until after it was picked. The second project was definitely more of a learning experience. I still learned a couple of facts from the first project though. We had an organizations entire website to work with. We picked the American Red Cross. The only thing I know about PETA is they help animals so I’ll probably look for a post about that. Aria, I like how you mentioned that we understand the material better after project 2, because since we need to apply it, a solid understanding is required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aria! I agree with you that Group Assignment #2 went a bit more smoother than the first Group Assignment essay we had to work on. Because we are in the same groups, the people know each other better and are more comfortable discussing more about the group dynamics and the material we are reviewing as compared to the first assignment. Everyone also wanted to contribute equal efforts into both of our essays, which made the whole process run smoothly. It is also helpful to discuss the class dynamics and materials to another person face to face, instead of reading their blogs since this is an online class.

    ReplyDelete