Monday, November 8, 2010

Hardest Reasoning


I thought that most reasoning’s were easy. I had a hard time finding reasoning by criteria and reasoning by example because the link that the professor put up didn’t work for some reason. Maybe it is just my internet connection, which will not let me go to the site. I thought that reasoning by analogy was by far the easiest signs there is. I understood it quick, and I did not have to re-read it five times. I really did not think that these reasoning’s are hard. However, just to get something on this post, I think I can use a little more help on “signs of reasoning”. I get it means Argument by sign asserts that two or more things are so closely related that the presence or absence of one indicates the presence or absence of the other. Any time an argument is generated using one variable as proof of another, argument by sign is being used” Ex. “Where there is fire, there is smoke” indicates a strong sign relationship” (speaking.pitt.edu).

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you entirely on this post, except the internet connection issue. The site the prof. provided on Criteria Reasoning works fine for me, although I kind of understand it, but not fully. So I thought that was the most difficult reasoning out of all the rest. I thought the rest were just simple since it applies to real life situations. You're not alone, I had a hard time finding info about criteria by reasoning as well. I posted up my blog about it, but I'm not even sure if it's useful or helpful for anyone that also has a hard time understanding it. It's nice to know that there's someone that I can agree with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aria-
    I totally agree with you! I thought reasoning by criteria was a little difficult to understand but what helped me understand the concept better was looking at other blogs that were posted by our classmates. With their help through their blogs, I was able to understand the definition and was even able to come up with my own examples. Additionally, I thought that the websites our professor posted for us made it a little difficult to understand the different concepts that we had to blog about however, if it were not for our classmates’ posts, my understanding of each concept would not have been possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl,

    Again, your blog just made it easier for me to understand. I kind of got confused by the signs of reasoning as well because the link was again, vague but you made it easier for me to understand. I feel stupid though, haha. I had to reread some of the links in order to understand them. Your example of signs of reasoning is a good one because it is straightforward and it doesn't require a lot of thinking to comprehend it. I think that if the definitions of each type of reasoning was presented with better information rather than stuff from wikipedia, it would be easier to get but then again, your blogs totally make a difference. Good job!

    ReplyDelete