Monday, November 15, 2010

Mission: Critical Site Review


“Mission: Critical is to create a "virtual lab," capable of familiarizing users with the basic concepts of critical thinking in a self-paced, interactive environment”(SJSU.EDU). This site that the professor gave us is really useful. There are a lot of information and link on this page. I thought that the part in the mission critical website where there are critical mission visual diagrams such as Conditionals and Syllogisms for us to see. Like I said before in other posts, I learn better by visual. Circles that are intersected are claims. There are veb diagrams (two movable interacting circles) and venn diagrams (three fixed intersecting circles). There are four diagrams that are really useful. The way the site sets it up makes it easier for people to understand. Also I thought that vagueness and ambiguity was easy. “A word or phrase is said to be ambiguous if it has at least two specific meanings that make sense in context. A word or phrase is said to be vague if it is meaning is not clear in context”. The website had good information and made it easy for me to understand. The definitions and examples were not confusing which made me comprehend this even better. Overall, this website is really useful because it has little trivia after the readings. By playing these games, it makes us learn more. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,

    I definitely agree that I am a more visual person; I need to see things in order to better understand them. I also thought that the professor's websites were useful and were very easy to understand. For me, it was basically like reviewing past concepts we had learned from the text, like ambiguity and vagueness. I was also surprised to see the Venn diagrams because it has been awhile since I had seen them used. I think I saw them last in high school, haha. Before clicking on the links, I assumed they would be intricate websites that you really had to analyze in order to understand. Again, I'm glad they were broken down into easy concepts so that we could understand them better.

    ReplyDelete