Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Objective number 3




I chose number 3 for the questions part. It says to find an advertisement that uses an appeal to fear. I went online and found a lot of advertisement that are appealing to fear but here are the a few that I liked.


This picture is an appeal to fear because for parents to not know where their children are at, is fear. It is the fear of the children out doing something bad as drugs. It says, “At 4:00, my kids will be at ______”. I think that this is a good appeal to fear because if a parent cannot fill in the blanks, then something is wrong.






Another one is a fear ad of babies.

The fear is that you do not want to kill your baby, so put the baby to sleep on their back. I hope that this never happens to anyone’s child nor do I hope that a parent will do this to his or her child. If the parents cannot support the child anymore, give it up for adoption; do not kill the baby. The fear in this picture is that if you put the baby to sleep upside down, the baby will die, so put the baby in the right position when he or she sleeps

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl,

    Good advertisements! I tried looking for ones to do for that question but I couldn't find any good ones. Your arguments are good because they appeal to fear. Of course, parents would worry if they did not know where their kids are. It's only in their human nature to watch out for their own. In regards to the second advertisement with the stuffed animals, at first I did not understand what the advertisement was trying to convey but you made it very clear with your explanations/evaluations. But after I looked at the second advertisement more closely, I saw the SIDS and it all made sense. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on finding an ad that relates to appeal to fear. Parents should always be aware of their children and know where they're at and what they're doing as a responsibility. It's hard for parents to keep a look out on their children because they're busy working and don't have much time to notice the little things like that matters. I know many parents that are unaware of where their children are at sometimes and it's bad because they have their freedom and could be out there doing the wrong things. I wasn't sure what the SIDS ad was clearly about until I read your explanation. It's sad that things like that can happen in reality that we can never imagine. The safest thing to do is to always watch out your babies or children at all times.

    ReplyDelete